Terms of Service
Minimum order for balloon delivery service Tuesday to Saturday is $25 before tax and delivery.
Minimum order for balloon delivery service on Sundays is $100 before tax and delivery.
TO ORDER BALLOONS
You may place an order online, by calling 905 850-8813 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by the shop to choose something in person. Our highly-skilled staff are ready to assist you with all of your event decor needs.
Before placing an order, you will need the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Is it for pick-up or delivery?
- Recipient's name
- Recipient's phone number
- Recipient's exact address including unit, floor or buzzer number (if applicable), and postal code
- The business name for delivery to a workplace
- A brief personalized card message
- Payment information (We accept all major credit cards and Paypal)
- Delivery/pick-up date
BALLOON Delivery Information and Policies
Delivery Areas & Times
Maximums Per Delivery Fee
11” Balloons – Max 150 per delivery fee
16” Balloons – Max 75 per delivery fee
3’ Balloons – Max 12 per delivery fee
Centrepieces – Max 36 per delivery fee
Larger Bouquets – Max 12 per delivery fee
Clouds – Max 12 per delivery fee
Balloon Wall – Max 1 per delivery fee
String of Pearl or Link Arch – Max 3 per delivery fee
10’ Garland Balloon Arches – Max 1 per delivery fee
7-8’ Garland Columns – Max 2 per delivery fee
- Hospital deliveries require more information than a regular order, including the name of the Hospital, ward, floor, and room numbers.
- Hospitals will not be able to receive latex balloons so orders have to be mylar foils or bubbles. It is always wise to check with the hospital before placing your order.
- It is important to choose a date and time that your recipient will be able to receive their gift. If the recipient is not at home, we will leave the gift at their door if possible.
- Once the delivery is attempted, if nobody is home and we are unable to leave the gift at the door, we will require an additional delivery fee to re-attempt delivery. If you are not sure if they will be able to receive the gift, we are more than happy to call ahead and arrange a time with the recipient. Let us know if you wish for us to call ahead.
- If the recipient’s address is incorrect and delivery was attempted to the address, and we are unable to reach the customer for the correct address, we will require an additional delivery fee to re-attempt the delivery. Balloon Express is not responsible for deliveries made to incorrect addresses submitted by the customer and the customer will assume the entire purchase.
- We do not keep orders anonymous. If the recipient requests, we will provide the sender's name.
- If the recipient is not at the place of business on arrival, the balloons will be left at the business location
Hotel and Condo Deliveries
- Deliveries to hotel guests or condo residents are made in care of the front desk, bell desk or concierge. The customer is responsible that the hotel or condo completes the delivery.
Hall and Restaurant Deliveries
- Deliveries to a hall or restaurant are left in the room provided by the client. If the customer does not know the room name or number, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the venue is made aware of a delivery coming. Otherwise, the order will be left with the main office or storage area.
- Not all schools permit balloon deliveries to students. Those that do, the delivery will be made to the main office. The customer is responsible for ensuring that the school office contacts the student to pick-up the balloons.
- Please email or call Balloon Express about any product or service issue with 2 days of the delivery date so we can address them accordingly.
- We will make every attempt to fill the order as requested. However, due to seasonality and availability of product, Balloon Express reserves the right to make substitutions of equal or greater value. Balloon Express will use its best efforts to maintain the look and feel of the specific arrangement by the shape, size, style and colour combinations.
Cancellation and Changes
- Same day orders cannot be changed, rescheduled or cancelled. Payments on same day orders will not be refunded.
- Orders which are cancelled (other than same day orders) are subject to a 25% non-refundable cancellation fee.
- Changes or reschedules are acceptable only upon 48 hours’ advance notice by calling (905) 850-8813 or sending your request by email to email@example.com.
A BIT ABOUT OUR BALLOONS
Cold air, hot air, humidity, barometric pressure changes, high altitudes and moving air from fans and vents will reduce balloon float times. The float times posted below are the maximum expected float times. Changing conditions mean that on some occasions, balloons may float for only one day and on other occasions the same balloons may float for many days. We guarantee that your balloons will be delivered in perfect condition, but float times can vary. Mylar balloons will remain full for 3-5 days. They will continue to float for two weeks or longer. Air-conditioned and colder climate air may cause these balloons to shrivel, but they will return to a normal state when exposed to warmer air. 16″ latex balloons will float indoors for 30-40 hours. 11″ latex balloons will float indoors for 12-20 hours. Float times may be reduced by as much as 50% at elevations above 2,500 feet. Hi-float treatment for latex balloons, used indoors and out of direct sunlight, will float for 3-5 days if treated with Hi-float, a non-toxic sealant which coats the inner wall of the balloon. However even with Hi-float treatment, float times may be reduced by as much as 60% at elevations above 2,500 feet.
The noted dimensions of mylar balloons are their size uninflated. A mylar balloon with a noted size of 18″ will be closer to 13″ once inflated. A 28″ mylar would typically be 24″ at the widest point after inflation. Dimensions of latex balloons is their inflated size. For example, an 11″ latex balloons has an 11″ diameter at the widest point.
RENTALS – GENERAL TERMS
(a) be at least 18 years of age or older;
(b) have a valid driver’s license or proof of ID on pickup; and
(c) have a valid credit card for security OR cash security deposit.
- All rentals must be paid in full on or before pickup or delivery.
- A security deposit or credit card authorization must be provided on pickup or before delivery.
- Deposits are non-refundable or transferrable.
- All rentals require a 25% non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit at time of booking.
COSTUME RENTALS - TERMS OF SERVICES
In addition to the above Rental Terms,
- There are no refunds or exchanges on costume rentals.
- Costume rentals are for up to 3 days unless otherwise stated in the rental contract.
- Charges will be applied to your credit card (or full or partial security deposit forfeited) for any costume rental or costume pieces which are (a) lost, (b) damaged, (c) not returned or (d) returned late.
- If there are any pieces missing or anything wrong with the costume rental after leaving the store, you must contact Balloon Express within 3 hours of pickup. Compensation will not be considered if Balloon Express is advised of the situation within 3 hours of pickup or on the date the costume rental is returned.
- We take care of the washing for you. Please ensure all costume rentals are returned in their original packaging, garment bags, hangers and/or other bags.
PARTY RENTALS - TERMS OF SERVICES
In addition to the above Rental Terms,
- Party rentals are for 1 day unless otherwise stated in the rental contract.
- We accept cancellations and/or reductions to rental orders without additional charge if we are notified seven (7) days or more in advance of the scheduled delivery date. Due to the fact that rental items are prepped and packaged several days before delivery, cancellations and/or reductions are not possible within seven (7) days of the scheduled delivery date and the customer is responsible for full payment.
- A damage waiver of 5% is automatically applied to all party rental orders to cover incidental/accidental damages (i.e. someone drops a few plates or glasses, etc.). Damage waiver is non-refundable and covers only incidental/accidental damages, not breakage/damages due to willful misuse or neglect (i.e. cutting holes in table cloths, smashing plates on purpose, etc.). Lost or stolen items are not covered by the damage waiver and charges will apply to your credit card or security deposit for items not returned.
- We do not provide setup up or dismantling services. This is typically the responsibility of the client.
- Deliveries are made on a 3 hour AM or PM arrival window (10am to 1pm. or 1pm-4pm). Requests for deliveries/pick-ups outside of these hours must be made at time of booking (additional charges will apply). Party rentals will be delivered to front ground level only (door, garage) that is immediately accessible to our trucks. Additional charges may apply if delivery/pick up requires the use of an elevator, or is in a difficult to access area. Information regarding delivery specifics MUST be provided by the client when booking the order.
- Delivery/pick up personnel are NOT permitted to bring goods up/down stairs, into kitchen, dining room, etc. in private residences due to liability issues. Workplace health and safety requirements prevent the removal of footwear at any time.
- We take care of the washing for you, but scraping dishes of all food debris is required. Tablewear, cutlery and glassware must be returned to the containers provided. Do not attempt to wash the linen or chair cover rentals. Simply shake them out to remove any debris and pack them in the bags or hangers provided.
- If there are any pieces missing or anything wrong with the party rental upon receipt of the items, you must contact Balloon Express immediately within a 3 hour period of receipt. Compensation will not be considered if Balloon Express is advised of the situation after closing or on the date the party rental is picked up.
This website is operated by balloonexpress. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to balloonexpress. balloonexpress offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 1 - ONLINE STORE TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature. A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
SECTION 2 - GENERAL CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 - PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (if applicable)
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Refund Policy. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 6 - ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Refund Policy.
SECTION 7 - OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 9 - USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service. You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
SECTION 10 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 11 - ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 12 - PROHIBITED USES
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 13 - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable. You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement. In no case shall balloonexpress, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless balloonexpress and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 15 - SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 16 - TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes. These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site. If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 17 - ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
SECTION 18 - GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario.
SECTION 19 - CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org